read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Prince's Offerings
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 46:1-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
1. "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The east gateway of the inner courtyard will be closed during the six workdays each week, but it will be open on Sabbath days and the days of new moon celebrations.
2. The prince will enter the entry room of the gateway from the outside. Then he will stand by the gatepost while the priest offers has burnt offering and peace offering. He will bow down in worship inside the gateway passage and then go back out the way he came. The gateway will not be closed until evening.
3. The common people will bow down and worship the LORD in front of this gateway on Sabbath days and the days of new moon celebrations.
4. "Each Sabbath day the prince will present to the LORD a burnt offering of six lambs and one ram, all with no defects.
5. He will present a grain offering of a basket of choice flour to go with the ram and whatever amount of flour he chooses to go with each lamb, and he is to offer one gallon of olive oil for each basket of flour.
6. At the new moon celebrations, he will bring one young bull, six lambs, and one ram, all with no defects.
7. With the young bull he must bring a basket of choice flour for a grain offering. With the ram he must bring another basket of flour. And with each lamb he is to bring whatever amount of flour he chooses to give. With each basket of flour he must offer one gallon of olive oil.
8. "The prince must enter the gateway through the entry room, and he must leave the same way.
9. But when the people come in through the north gateway to worship the LORD during the religious festivals, they must leave by the south gateway. And those who entered through the south gateway must leave by the north gateway. They must never leave by the same gateway they came in, but must always use the opposite gateway.
10. The prince will enter and leave with the people on these occasions.
11. "So at the special feasts and sacred festivals, the grain offering will be a basket of choice flour with each young bull, another basket of flour with each ram, and as much flour as the prince chooses to give with each lamb. Give one gallon of olive oil with each basket of flour.
12. When the prince offers a voluntary burnt offering or peace offering to the LORD, the east gateway to the inner courtyard will be opened for him, and he will offer his sacrifices as he does on Sabbath days. Then he will leave, and the gateway will be shut behind him.
13. "Each morning you must sacrifice a one-year-old lamb with no defects as a burnt offering to the LORD.
14. With the lamb, a grain offering must also be given to the LORD ⏤about three quarts of flour with a third of a gallon of olive oil to moisten the choice flour. This will be a permanent law for you.
15. The lamb, the grain offering, and the olive oil must be given as a daily sacrifice every morning without fail.
16. "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: If the prince gives a gift of land to one of his sons as his inheritance, it will belong to him and his descendants forever.
17. But if the prince gives a gift of land from his inheritance to one of his servants, the servant may keep it only until the Year of Jubilee, which comes every fiftieth year. At that time the land will return to the prince. But when the prince gives gifts to his sons those gifts will be permanent.
18. And the prince may never take anyone's property by force. If he gives property to his sons, it must be from his own land, for I do not want any people unjustly evicted from their property.
19. In my vision, the man brought me through the entrance beside the gateway and led me to the sacred rooms assigned to the priests, which faced toward the north. He showed me a place at the extreme west end of these rooms.
20. He explained, "This is where the priests will cook the meat from the guilt offerings and sin offerings and bake the flour from the grain offerings into bread. They will do it here to avoid carrying the sacrifices through the outer courtyard and endangering the people by transmitting holiness to them."
21. Then he brought me back to the outer courtyard and led me to each of its four corners. In each corner I saw an enclosure.
22. Each of these enclosures was 70 feet long and 52 1/2 feet wide, surrounded by walls.
23. Along the inside of these walls was a ledge of stone with fireplaces under the ledge all the way around.
24. The man said to me, "These are the kitchens to be used by the Temple assistants to boil the sacrifices offered by the people."
Ezekiel 47: 1-24 NLT
Allow us to come into Your presence.
Open our hearts.
In Your name
Please leave your first and last initials.
So happy that you are here today.
We know God is moving.
Joy to you.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.