read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Elijah Flees to Sinai
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 19:1-9
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
When Ahab got home, he told Jezebel everything Elijah had done, including the way he had killed all the prophets of Baal.
2. So Jezebel sent this message to Elijah: "May the gods strike me and even kill me if by this time tomorrow I have not killed you just as you killed them."
3. Elijah was afraid and fled for his life. He went to Beersheba, a town in Judah, and he left his servant there.
4. Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die.
"I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died."
5. Then he lay down and slept under the broom tree. But as he was sleeping, an angel touched him and told him, "Get up and eat!"
6. He looked around and there beside his head was some bread baked on hot stones and a jar of water! So he ate and drank and lay down again.
7. Then the angel of the LORD came again and touched him and said, "Get up and eat some more, or the journey ahead will be too much for you."
8. So he got up and ate and drank and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God.
9. There he came to a cave, where he spent the night.
1 Kings 19: 1-9 NLT
Thank you for these Scriptures that lead us back into History.
And we praise You for being with us.
In your name
Please leave your first and last initial.
Being led by Him is always an adventure.
Feel free to comment and share.
We are here because we deeply desire to serve Him by serving you.
Bringing verses to you daily is my heart.
Bringing you Reading Strategies that help you ponder is my way to implement my own teaching gifts.
You are why we are here.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.