read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Vengeance on the Nations
Today's Passage: Isaiah 63: 1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in his great strength? It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who has the power to save!"
2. Why are your clothes so red, as if you have been treading out grapes?
3. "I have been treading the wine press alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes.
4. For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors.
5. I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me.
6. I crushed the nations in my anger and made them stagger and fall to the ground, spilling their blood upon the earth."
7. I will tell of the LORD's unfailing love. I will praise the LORD for all he has done. I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel, which he has granted according to his mercy and love.
8. He said, "They are my very own people. Surely they will not betray me again." And he became their Savior.
9. In all their suffering he also suffered and he personally rescued them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years.
10. But they rebelled against him and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he became their enemy and fought against them.
11. Then they remembered those days of old when Moses led his people out of Egypt. They cried out, "Where is the one who brought Israel through the sea, with Moses as their shepherd? Where is the one who sent his Holy Spirit to be among his people?
12. Where is the one whose power was displayed when Moses lifted up his hand ⏤ the one who divided the sea before them, making himself famous forever?
13. Where is the one who led them through the bottom of the sea? They were like fine stallions racing through the desert, never stumbling.
14. As with cattle going down into a peaceful valley, the Spirit of the LORD gave them rest. You led your people, LORD, and gained a magnificent reputation."
15. LORD, look down from heaven; look from your holy glorious home, and see us. Where is the passion and the light you used to show on our behalf? Where are your mercy and compassion now?
16. Surely you are still our Father! Even if Abraham and Jacob would disown us, LORD, you would still be our Father. You are our Redeemer from ages past.
17. LORD, why have you allowed us to turn from your path? Why have you given us stubborn hearts so we no longer fear you? Return and help us, for we are your servants, the tribes that are your special possession.
18. How briefly your holy people possessed your holy place, and now our enemies have destroyed it.
19. Sometimes it seems as though we never belonged to you, as though we had never been known as your people.
Isaiah 63:1-19 NLT
And What Do I Do With That?
As we come to You with this passage we know that we are Yours.
Thank You for holding us fast.
Thank You for keeping Your promises.
We praise You and You alone.
In Your name,
we come to You.
Thank you for leaving your initials.
And leave a comment with a comma or something - or, if God gives you something to share, share it!
We love being here with YOU!!!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.