read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Judgment of Sin
The Jews and the Law
Today's Passage: Romans 2:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things.
2. And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things.
3. Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God's judgment when do the same things?
4. Don't you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can't you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?
5. But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.
6. He will judge everyone according to what they have done.
7. He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers.
8. But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness.
9. There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on doing what is evil ⏤for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.
10. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good ⏤for the Jew first and also for the Gentiles.
11. For God does not show favoritism.
12. When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God's written law. And the Jews, who do have God's law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it.
13. For merely listening to the law doesn't make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in this sight.
14. Even Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it.
15. They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.
16. And this is the message I proclaim ⏤that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone's secret life.
Romans 2:1-16 NLT
This passage is such a blessing to us.
So much clarified. Give us wisdom to listen.
Help us to be willing to follow.
We love you LORD,
Bless us in the way that You deem right to bless us.
In Your name, Jehoshua
We are blessed to be here with you.
Please leave your initials and comments.
The end of October is here.
We are moving quickly into the end of the year.
May we gain momentum in moving through His word daily.
I am praying for you.
Love having you here.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.