read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Jew is Condemned by the Law
Today's Passage: Romans 2:17-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
17. You who call yourselves Jews are relying on God's law, and you boast about your special relationship with him.
18. You know what he wants; you know what is right because you have been taught his law.
19. You are convinced that you are a guide for the blind and a light for people who are lost in darkness.
20. You think you can instruct the ignorant and teach children the ways of God. For you are certain that God's law give you complete knowledge and truth.
21. Well then, if you teach others, why don't you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal?
22. You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you commit adultery? You condemn idolatry, but do you use items stolen from pagan temples?
23 You are so proud of knowing the law, but you dishonor God by breaking it.
24. No wonder the Scriptures say. "The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you."
25. The Jewish ceremony of circumcision has value only if you obey God's law. But if you don't obey God's law, you are no better off than an uncircumcised Gentile.
26. And if the Gentiles obey God's law, won't God declare them to be his own people?
27. In fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God's law will condemn you Jews who are circumcised and possess God's law but don't obey it.
28. For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision.
29. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.
Romans 2:17-29 NLT
Thank You LORD!
These words bring us a better understanding of Your desire to love us in relationship.
May we deeply love You.
In Your name,
for Your glory,
we lift our praise to You.
Thank you for opening your computer today.
Thank you for leaving your initials and a comment - either a period or something that God has shared with you.
We love you being here.
Pray for each other.
Pray for our country.
Pray for our world.
Please let us know how this month has helped you live your days.
Send us an email.
We love you.
Today, I lift you up to the great God how IS!
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.