read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God Gives Most
Today's Passage: 2 Corinthians 9:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. I really don't need to write to you about this ministry of giving for the believers in Jerusalem.
2. For I know how eager you are to help, and I have been boasting to the churches in Macedonia that you in Greece were ready to send an offering a year ago. In fact, it was your enthusiasm a year ago that stirred up many of the Macedonian believers to begin giving.
3. But I am sending these brothers to be sure you really are ready, as I have been telling them, and that your money is all collected. I don't want to be wrong in my boasting about you.
4. We would be embarrassed ⏤not to mention your own embarrassment ⏤ if some Macedonian believers came with me and found that you weren't ready after all I had told them!
5. So I thought I should send these brothers ahead of me to make sure the gift you promised is ready. But I want it to be a willing gift, not one given grudgingly.
6. Remember this ⏤ a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
7. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully."
8. And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
9. As the Scriptures say,
"They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever."
10. For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.
11. Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous. And when we take your gifts to those who need them, they will thank God.
12. So two good things will result from this ministry of giving ⏤the needs of the believers in Jerusalem will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanks to God.
13. As a result of your ministry, they will give glory to God. For your generosity to them and to all believers will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ.
14. And they will pray for you with deep affection because of the overflowing grace God has given to you.
15. Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words!
2 Corinthians 9:1-15 NLT
Thank you for giving us hearts that desire to give.
Thank you for giving us abundance to share.
We appreciate your guidance in our giving.
In your name we pray,
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Looking forward to hearing what God shows you.
Don't forget to check the box below your comments -
so that if someone does comment, you will get an email.
Be blessed this day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.