read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Contrast the Upright and the Wicked
Today's Passage: Proverbs 11:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. The LORD detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights.
2. Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
3. Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people.
4. Riches won't help on the day of judgment, but right living can save you from death.
5. The godly are directed by honesty; the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.
6. The godliness of good people rescues them; the ambition of treacherous people traps them.
7. When the wicked die, their hopes die with them, for they rely on their own feeble strength.
8. The godly are rescued from trouble, and it falls on the wicked instead.
9. With their words, the godless destroy their friends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous.
10. The whole city celebrates when the godly succeed; they shout for joy when the wicked die.
11. Upright citizens are good for a city and make it prosper, but the talk of the wicked tears it apart.
12. It is foolish to belittle one's neighbor; a sensible person keeps quiet.
13. A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.
14. Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers.
15. There's danger in putting up security for a stranger's debt; it's safer not to guarantee another persons debt.
16. A gracious woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth.
17. Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.
18. Evil people get rich for the moment, but the reward of the godly will last.
Proverbs 11:1-18 NLT
Proverbs - One at a Time.
Give us wisdom.
In your name we pray
Thank you for leaving your initials.
We are here with you.
Be sure to check out the prayer page.
We are really excited about what God is leading us into.
We love you.
Thank you for growing with us in this community.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.