read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job's Despairs of God's Dealings
Today's Passage: Job 10:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. I am disgusted with my life. Let me complain freely. My bitter soul must complain.
2. I will say to God, 'Don't simply condemn me ⏤ tell me the charge you are bringing against me.
3. What do you gain by oppressing me? Why do you reject me, the work of your own hands, while smiling on the schemes of the wicked?
4. Are your eyes like those of a human? Do you see things only as people see them?
5. Is your lifetime only as long as ours? Is your life so short
6. that you must quickly probe for my guilt and search for my sin?
7. Although you know I am not guilty, no one can rescue me from your hands.
8. "'You formed me with your hands; you made me, yet now you completely destroy me.
9. Remember that you made me from dust ⏤ will you turn me back to dust so soon?
10. You guided my conception and formed me in the womb.
11. You clothed me with skin and flesh, and you knit my bones and sinews together.
12. You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love. My life was preserved by your care.
13. "'Yet your real motive ⏤ your true intent ⏤ was to watch me, and if I sinned, you would not forgive my guilt.
15. If I am guilty, too bad for me; and even if I'm innocent, I can't hold my head high, because I am filled with shame and misery.
16. And if I hold my head high, you hunt me like a lion and display your awesome power against me.
17. Again and again you witness against. You pour out your growing anger on me and bring fresh armies against me.
18 " 'Why, then, did you deliver me from my mother's womb? Why didn't you let me die at birth?
19. It would be as though I had never existed, going directly from the womb to the grave.
20. I have only a few days left, so leave me alone, that I may have a moment of comfort
21. before I leave ⏤ never to return ⏤ for the land of darkness and the utter gloom.
22. It is a land as dark as midnight, a land of gloom and confusion, where even the light is dark as midnight.'"
Job 10:1-22 NLT
This is a difficult passage.
Ask God to give you what you need to bring to Him.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Thank you for being here.
It is a good day to be with you.
May you be blessed.
Check out the prayer page.
Keep being honest with God.
It is okay to tell Him your heart.
Just don't forget who He is ;-)
the Alpha, the Omega - the Beginning and the End
our All in All
He calls us to Himself
unfailing love and unending grace.
I am praying for you today!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.