read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Philip in Samaria
Today's Passage: Acts 8:4-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
4. But the believers who were scattered preached the Good News about Jesus wherever they went.
5. Philip, for example, went to the city of Samaria and told the people there about the Messiah.
6. Crowds listened intently to Philip because they were eager to hear his message and see the miraculous signs he did.
7. Many evil spirits were cast out, screaming as they left their victims. And many who had been paralyzed or lame were healed.
8. So there was great joy in that city.
9. A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great.
10. Everyone, from the least to the greatest, often spoke of him as "the Great One⏤the Power of God."
11. They listened closely to him because for a long time he had astounded them with his magic.
12. But now the people believed Philip's message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. As a result, many men and women were baptized.
13. Then Simon himself believed and was baptized. He began following Philip wherever he went, and he was amazed by the signs and great miracles Philip performed.
14. When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that the people of Samaria had accepted God's message, they sent Peter and John there.
15. As soon as they arrived, they prayed for these new believers to receive the Holy Spirit.
16. The Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them, for they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
17. Then Peter and John laid their hands upon these believers, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18. When Simon saw that the Spirit was given when the apostles laid their hands on people, he offered them money to buy this power.
19. "Let me have this power, too," he exclaimed, "so that when I lay my hands on people, they will receive the Holy Spirit!"
20. But Peter replied, "May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God's gift can be bought!
21. You can have no part in this, for your heart is not right with God.
22. Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts,
23. for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin."
24. "Pray to the Lord for me," Simon exclaimed, "that these terrible things you've said won't happen to me!"
25. After testifying and preaching the word of the Lord in Samaria, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem. And they stopped in many Samaritan villages along the way to preach the Good News.
Acts 8:4-25 NLT
Praising and Thanking God.
We see You in new ways every time we come into Your word.
Keep us open to Your revelations.
Allow us to grow and move into You deeper and deeper.
We are here to lay everything down and to praise and worship You alone.
In Your name
Please leave your initials and a comment.
We are excited that you have joined us today.
Give us your thoughts.
We are praying for you.
Today, I lift you up to the great God how IS!
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.