read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD loves His people.
1. Passage for Today: Deuteronomy 7:2-11
Are you reading from your own Bible? I hope so :-)
If you would like other translations check out Bible Gateway. Linked here is our passage in the NASB
Or if you prefer, I have typed the NLT below.
2. When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them. Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy.
3. You must not intermarry with them. Do not let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters,
4. for they will lead your children away from me to worship other gods. Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will quickly destroy you.
5. This is what you must do. You must break down their pagan altars and shatter their sacred pillars. Cut down their Asherah poles and burn their idols.
6. For you are a holy people, who belong to the LORD your God. Of all the people on the earth, the LORD your God has chosen you to be his own special treasure.
7. "The LORD did not set his heart on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other nations, for you were the smallest of all nations!
8. Rather it was simply that the LORD loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the LORD rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.
9. Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
10. But he does not hesitat3e to punish and destroy those who reject him.
11. Therefore, you must obey all these commands, decrees, and regulations I am giving you today. Deuteronomy 7 2-11 NLT
2. Try another strategy today.
6th Strategy: Cause and Effect. Check it out here.
Let me know if this helps.
Or if you used another strategy.
Or if you used the original strategy of reading and contemplating everything you read. :-)
3. This passage is not an easy passage. It speaks of destruction and not showing mercy.
What do you think about that?
How does it make you feel?
Do you find the message of the Old Testament the same or different than the message in the New Testament?
What do you think God wants us to know about Him through these passages?
4. Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
Remember we always benefit from your thoughts and your 'Ahas'.
Blessings on your Monday. El Roi, the God Who Sees, is watching you seek Him.
I'm pretty sure that it is a good thing.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.