read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Parable of the Marriage Feast
Today's Passage: Matthew 22:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Jesus also told them other parables. He said,
2. "The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a king who prepared a great wedding feast for his son.
3. When the banquet was ready, he sent his servants to notify those who were invited. But they all refused to come!
4. "So he sent other servants to tell them, 'The feast has been prepared. The bulls and fattened cattle have been killed, and everything is ready. Come to the banquet!
5. But the guests he had invited ignored them and went their own way, one to his farm, another to his business.
6. Others seized his messengers and insulted them and killed them.
7. "The king was furious, and he sent out his army to destroy the murderers and burn their town.
8. And he said to his servants, 'The wedding feast is ready , and the guests I invited aren't worthy of the honor.
9. Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see.'
10. So the servants brought in everyone they could find, good and bad alike, and the banquet hall was filled with guests.
11. "But when the king came in to meet the guests, he noticed a man who wasn't wearing the proper clothes for a wedding.
12. 'Friend,' he asked, 'how is it that you are here without wedding clothes? But the man had no reply.'
13. Then the king said to his aides, 'Bind his hands and feet and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14. "For many are called, but few are chosen."
Matthew 22:1-14 NLT
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box under your comment for you to know if someone has replied.
Please pray for us.
We pray for you.
Again, I am asking you to consider praying
for each member of our community.
Have a blessed day, filled with JOY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.