read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Desolation of Israel
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 7:14-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. "The trumpet calls Israel's army to mobilize, but no one listens, for my fury is against them all.
15. There is war outside the city and disease and famine within. Those outside the city walls will be killed by enemy swords. Those inside the city will die of famine and disease.
16. The survivors who escape to the mountains will moan like doves, weeping for their sins.
17. Their hands will hang limp, their knees will be weak as water.
18. They will dress themselves in burlap; horror and shame will cover them. They will shave their heads in sorrow and remorse.
19. "They will throw their money in the streets, tossing it out like worthless trash. Their silver and gold won't save them on that day of the LORD's anger. It will neither satisfy nor feed them, for their greed can only trip them up.
20. They were proud of their beautiful jewelry and used it to make detestable idols and vile images. Therefore, I will make all their wealth disgusting to them.
21. I will give it as plunder to foreigners, and they will defile it.
22. I will turn my eyes from them as these robbers invade and defile my treasured land.
23. "Prepare chains for my people, for the land is bloodied by terrible crimes. Jerusalem is filled with violence.
24. I will bring the most ruthless of nations to occupy their homes. I will break down their proud fortresses and defile their sanctuaries.
25. Terror and trembling will overcome my people. They will look for peace but not find it.
26. Calamity will follow calamity; rumor will follow rumor. They will look in vain for a vision from the prophets. They will receive no teaching from the priests and no counsel from the leaders.
27. The king and the prince will stand helpless, weeping in despair, and the people's hands will tremble with fear. I will bring on them the evil they have done to others, and they will receive the punishment they so richly deserve. Then they will know that I am the LORD.
Ezekiel 7:14-27 NLT
If it is okay, I've been thinking about prayer.
For a while, I will remind us to pray in this place.
And might even switch the place up a bit.
Don't forget to thank Him for His answers.
Thank you for leaving your initials and your comments.
I hope that you are finding God's hands wrapped all around your days.
God has involved us with each other and we are
growing in Him.
May God bless us all.
Have a wonderful day.
I am praying for you each.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.