read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Psalm of David
Today's Passage: Psalm 144:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Praise the LORD who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.
2. He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. He makes the nations submit to me.
3. O LORD, what are human beings that you should notice them, mere mortals that you should think about them?
4. For they are like a breath of air; their days are like a passing shadow.
5. Open the heavens, LORD, and come down. Touch the mountains so they billow smoke.
6. Hurl your lightening bolts and scatter your enemies! Shoot your arrows and confuse them!
7. Reach down from heaven and rescue me; rescue me from deep waters, from the power of my enemies.
8. Their mouths are full of lies; they swear to tell the truth, but they lie instead.
9. I will sing a new song to you, O God! I will sing your praises with a ten-stringed harp.
10. For you grant victory to kings! You rescued your servant David from the fatal sword.
11. Save me! Rescue me from the power of my enemies. Their mouths are full of lies; they swear to tell the truth, but they lie instead.
12. May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.
13. May our barns be filled with crops of every kind. May the flocks in our fields multiply by the thousands, even tens of thousands,
14. and may our oxen be loaded down with produce. May there be no enemy breaking through our walls, no going into captivity, no cries of alarm in our town squares.
15. Yes, joyful are those who live like this! Joyful indeed are those whose God is the LORD.
Psalm 144:1-15 NLT
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.