read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
There was a man named Nicodemus.
1. Today's Passage: John 3
I encourage your to read from your own Bible.
If you would like to look at another translation, I have linked to NASB here from Bible Gateway.
They provide all versions from Jewish Orthodox to Catholic and even other languages like Deutsch :-)
I have also typed the passage from the New Living Testament (NLT) below.
1. There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee.
2. After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. "Rabbi," he said, "we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you."
3. Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."
4. "What do you mean?" exclaimed Nicodemus. "How can an old man go back into his mother's womb and be born again?"
5. Jesus replied, "I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit."
6. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
7. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again'
8. The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit."
9. "How are these things possible?" Nicodemus asked.
10. Jesus replied, "You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don't understand these things?
11. I assure you, we tell you what we know and have seen, and yet you won't believe our testimony.
12. But if you don't believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
13. No one has ever gone to heaven and returned.
14. And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15. so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
16. "For God loved the world so much that he gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
17. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
18. "There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son.
19. And the judgment is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
20. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.
23. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants." John 3 NLT
2. Choose a reading strategy and please share in the comments which you chose.
This is one of the most powerful chapters of the bible. Please read and reread as often as you can.
3. Allow me to pray for you.
Abba, Father God, Jehovah,
You are here this very moment. You know what words we have just read and placed in our minds and in our hearts.
Quicken our spirit to Your words.
Draw us to yourself and allow us to burn anew with the reality that we are living in Your LIGHT.
Thank you for Your Holy Spirit that allows us to by faith be born again.
Thank you for your precious one and only Son, Jesus Christ, our LORD.
Bless us for being here.
Bless us to be a blessing to others.
May You be glorified this day.
In Jehoshua's Holy Name - Amen
4. Please leave your name and last initial below.
Bless our community with your comments.
Problems? Contact Biff at email@example.com
Unsubscribe at any time. Just let us know by sending us an email with Unsubscribe in the subject line.
RR&BC@2016 All writing is protected by copyright laws
NO COPYING ALLOWED on this membership page
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.