read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Psalm of David, asking God to remember him.
Today's Passage: Psalm 38:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. O LORD, don't rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage!
2. Your arrows have struck deep, and your blows are crushing me.
3. Because of your anger, my whole body is sick; my health is broken because of my sins.
4. My guilt overwhelms me ⏤ it is burden too heavy to bear.
5. My wounds fester and stink because of my foolish sins.
6. I am bent over and racked with pain. All day long I walk around filled with grief.
7. A raging fever burns within me, and my health is broken.
8. I am exhausted and completely crushed. My groans come from an anguished heart.
9. You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh.
10. My heart beats wildly, my strength fails, and I am going blind.
11. My loved ones and friends stay away, fearing my disease. Even my own family stands at a distance.
12. Meanwhile, my enemies lay traps to kill me. Those who wish me harm make plans to ruin me. All day long they plan their treachery.
13. But I am deaf to all their threats. I am silent before them as one who cannot speak.
14. I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply.
15. For I am waiting for you, O LORD. You must answer for me, O LORD my God.
16. I prayed, "Don't let my enemies gloat over me or rejoice at my downfall."
17. I am on the verge of collapse, facing constant pain.
18. But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done.
19. I have many aggressive enemies; they hate me without reason.
20. They repay me evil for good and oppose me for pursuing good.
21. Do not abandon me, O LORD. Do not stand at a distance, my God.
22. Come quickly to help me, O LORD my savior.
Psalm 38:1-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.