read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Builders of the Walls
Today's Passage: Nehemiah 3
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Then Eliashib the high priest and the other priests started to rebuild at the Sheep Gate. They dedicated it and set up its doors, building the wall as far as the Tower of the Hundred, which they dedicated, and the Tower of Hananel.
2. People from the town of Jericho worked next to them, and beyond them as Zaccur son of Imri.
3. The Fish Gate was built by the sons of Hassenaah. They laid the beams, set up its doors, and installed its bolts and bars.
4. Meremoth son of Uriah and grandson of Hakkoz repaired the next section of wall. Beside him were Meshullam son of Berekiah and grandson of Meshezabel, and the Zadok son of Baana.
5. Next were the people from Tekoa, though their leaders refused to work with the construction supervisors.
6. The Old City Gate was repaired by Joiada son of Paseah and Meshullam son of Besodeiah. They laid the beams, set up its doors, and installed its bolts and bars.
7. Next to them were Melatiah from Gibeon., Jadon from Meronoth, People from Gibeon, and people from Mizpah, the headquarters of the governor of the province west of the Euphrates River.
8. Next was Uzziel son of Harhaiah, a goldsmith by trade, who also worked on the wall. Beyond him was Hananaiah, a manufacturer of perfumes. They left out a section of Jerusalem as they built the Broad Wall.
9. Rephaiah son of Hur, the leader of half the district of Jerusalem, was next to them on the wall.
10. Next Jedaiah son of Harumaph repaired the wall across from his own house, and next to him was Hattush son of Hashabneiah.
11. Then came Malkijah son of Harim and Hasshub son of Pahath-moab, who repaired another section of the wall and the Tower of the Ovens.
12. Shallum son of Hallohesh and his daughters repaired the next section. He was the leader of the other half of the district of Jerusalem.
13. The Valley Gate was repaired by the people from Zanoah, led by Hanun. They set up its doors and installed its bolts and bars. They also repaired the 1,500 feet of wall to the Dung Gate.
14. The Dung Gate was repaired by Malkijah son of Recab, the leader of the Bethhakkerem district. He rebuilt it, set up its doors, and installed its bolts and bars.
15. The Fountain Gate was repaired by Shallum son of Col-hozah, the leader of the Mispah district. He rebuilt it, roofed it, set up its doors, and installed its bolts and bars. Then he repaired the wall of the pool of Siloam near the king's garden, and he rebuilt the wall as far as the stairs that descend from the City of David.
16. Next to him was Nehemiah son of Azbuk, the leader of half the district of Beth-zur. He rebuilt the wall from a place across from the tombs of David's family as far as the water reservoir and the House of the Warriors.
17. Next to him, repairs were made by a group of Levites working under the supervision of Rehum son of Bani. Then came Hashabiah, the leader of half the building of the wall on behalf of his own district.
18. Next down the line were his countrymen led by Binnui son of Hanadad, the leader of the other half of the district of Keilah.
19. Next to them, Ezer son of Jeshua, the leader of Mizpah, repaired another section of wall across from the ascent to the armory near the angle in the wall.
20. Next to him was Baruch son of Sabbai, who zealously repaired an additional section from the angle to the door of the house of Eliashib the high priest.
21. Meremoth son of Uriah and grandson of Hakkaz rebuilt another section of the wall extending from the door of Eliashib's house to the end of the house.
22. The next repairs were made by the priests from the surrounding region.
23. After them, Benjamine and Hasshub repaired the section across from their house, and Azariah son of Maaseiah and grandson of Ananiah repaired the section across from his house.
24. Next was Binnui son of Henadad, who rebuilt another section of the wall from Azariah's house to the angle and the corner.
25. Palal point opposite the angle and the tower that projects up from the king's upper house beside the court of the guard. Next to him were Pedaiah son of Parosh,
26. with Ophel, who repaired the wall as far as a point across from the Water Gate to the east and the projecting tower,
27. Then came the people of Tekoa, who repaired another section across from the great projecting tower and over to the wall of Ophel.
28. Above the Horse Gate, the priests repaired the wall. Each one repaired the section immediately across from his own house.
29. Next Zadok son of Immer also rebuilt the wall across from his own house, and beyond him was Shemaiah son of Shecaniah, the gatekeeper of the East Gate.
30. Next Hananiah son of Shelemiah and Hanun, the sixth son of Zalaph, repaired another section, while Meshullam son of Berekiah rebuilt the wall across from where he lived.
31. Malkijah, one of the goldsmiths, repaired the wall as far as the housing for the Temple servants and merchants, across from the Inspection Gate. Then he continued as far as the upper room at the corner,
32. The other goldsmiths and merchants repaired the wall from the corner to the Sheep Gate.
Nehemiah 3: 1-32 NLT
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.