read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job Responds to the LORD
1. Today's Passage: Job 42
Get to know your bible.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
1. "Then Job replied to the LORD:
2. I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you.
3. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I -- and I was talking about, things far too wonderful for me.
4. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you and you must answer them.'
5. I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
6. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."
7. After the LORD had finished speaking to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite: "I am angry with you and your two friends, for you have not spoken accurately about me, as my servant Job has.
8. So take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and offer a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not spoken accurately about me, as my servant Job has."
9. So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite did as the LORD commanded them, and the LORD accepted Job's prayer.
10. When Job prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes. In fact, the LORD gave him twice as much as before!
11. Then all his brothers, sisters, and former friends came and feasted with him in his home. And they consoled him and comforted him because of all the trials the LORD had brought against him. And each of them brought him a gift of money and a gold ring.
12. So the LORD blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning. For now he had 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 teams of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys.
13. He also gave Job seven more sons and three more daughters.
14. He named his first daughter Jemiah, the second Keziah, and the third Keren-happuch.
15. In all the land no women were as lovely as the daughters of Job. And their father put them into his will along with their brothers.
16. Job lived 140 years after that, living to see four generations of his children and grandchildren.
17. Then he died an old man who had lived a long, full life." Job 42 NLT
2. This culmination of the book of Job always makes me stop and ponder my own relationship to God.
3. Who am I to question God's wisdom?
Have you ever read what the friends said to Job?
Why do you think that God said the friends had not spoken accurately about him?
How do you feel about Job praying for his friends?
4. Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
I know that all of your comments, from just your name, to your thoughts bless Biff and I.
I hope and pray they bless you as well.
If you are experiencing thoughtful scripture reading more consistently in your own life, consider inviting a friend to join us.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.