read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
And Mary Visits Elizabeth
Today's Passage: Luke 1:26-45
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
The Birth of Jesus Foretold
26. In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee,
27. to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David.
28. Gabriel appeared to her and said. "Greeting, favored woman! The Lord is with you!"
29. Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean.
30. "Don't be afraid, Mary," the angel told her, "for you have found favor with God!
31. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus.
32. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.
33. And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!
34. Mary asked the angel, "But how can this happen? I am a virgin."
35. The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.
36. What's more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she's now in her sixth month.
37. For nothing is impossible with God.
38. Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true." And then the angel left her.
Mary Visits Elizabeth
39. A few days later Mary hurried to the hill country of Judea, to the town
40. where Zechariah lived. She entered the house and greeted Elizabeth.
41. At the sound of Mary's greeting, Elizabeth's child leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, "God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed.
43. Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me?
44."When I heard your greeting, the baby in my womb jumped for joy.
45. You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said."
Luke 1:26-45 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.