read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Birth in Bethlehem
Today's Passage: Luke 2:1-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
The Birth of Jesus
1. At that time the Roman emperor, Augustus, decreed that a census should be taken throughout the Roman Empire.
2. (This was the first census taken when Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
3. All returned to their own ancestral towns to register for this census.
4. And because Joseph was a descendant of King David, he had to go to Bethlehem in Judea, David's ancient home. He traveled there from the village of Nazareth in Galilee.
5. He took with him Mary, his fiancee, who was now obviously pregnant.
6. And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born.
7. She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.
The Shepherds and Angels
8. That night there were shepherds staying in the field nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep.
9. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terrified,
10. but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.
11. The Savior ⏤ yes, the Messiah, the Lord ⏤ has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!
12. And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger."
13. Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others ⏤ the armies of heaven ⏤ praising God and saying,
14. "Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased."
15. When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, "Let's go to Bethlehem! Let's see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
16. They hurried to the village and found Mary and Joseph. And there was the baby, lying in the manger.
17. After seeing him the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child.
18. All who heard the shepherds' story were astonished,
19. but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.
20. The shepherds went back to their flocks, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. It was just as the angel had told them.
Jesus is Presented in the Temple
21. Eight days later, when the baby was circumcised, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel even before he was conceived.
22. Then it was time for their purification offering, as required by the law of Moses after the birth of a child; so his parents took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord.
23. The law of the Lord says, 'If a woman's first child is a boy, he must be dedicated to the LORD."
24. So they offered the sacrifice required in the law of the Lord ⏤"either a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons"
Luke 2:1-24 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.