read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Preaching of John the Baptizer
Today's Passage: Mark 1:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
John the Baptizer Prepares the Way
1. This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God. It began
2. just as the prophet Isaiah had written:
"Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way.
3. He is a voice shouting in the wilderness,
'Prepare the way of the LORD'S coming! Clear the road for him!' "
4. This messenger was John the Baptist. He was in the wilderness and preached that people should be baptized to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven.
5. All of Judea, including all the people of Jerusalem, went out to see and hear John. And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River.
6. His clothes were woven from coarse camel hair, and he wore a leather belt around his waist. For food he ate locusts and wild honey.
7. John announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am ⏤ so much greater that I'm not even worthy to stoop down like a slave and untie the straps of his sandals.
8. I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!"
The Baptism and Temptation of Jesus
9. One day Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee, and John baptized him in the Jordan River.
10. As Jesus came up out of the water, he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Holy Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11. And a voice from heaven said, "You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy."
12. The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness,
13. where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.
14. Later on, after John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee, where he preached God's Good News.
15. "The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"
The First Disciples
16. One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living.
17. Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!"
18. And they left their nets at once and followed him.
19. A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets.
20. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired man.
Mark 1:1-20 NLT
Praising and Thanking God.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box under your comment,
so you may receive replies.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.