read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Casts Out an Evil Spirit
Today's Passage: Mark 1:21-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
21. Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach.
22. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority ⏤ quite unlike the teachers of religious law.
23. Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit began shouting.
24. "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are ⏤ the Holy One sent from God!"
25. Jesus cut him short. "Be quiet! Come out the man." he ordered.
26. At that, the evil spirit screamed, threw the man into a convulsion, and then came out of him.
27. Amazement gripped the audience, and they began to discuss what had happened. "What sort of new teaching is this?" they asked excitedly. "It has such authority! Even evil spirits obey his orders!"
28. The news about Jesus spread quickly throughout the entire region of Galilee.
Mark 1:21-28 NLT
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box under your comment,
so you may receive replies.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.