read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Crowds are Healed
Today's Passage: Mark 1:29-45
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Jesus Heals Many People
29. After Jesus left the synagogue with James and John, they went to Simon and Andrew's home.
30. Now Simon's mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away.
31. So he went to her bedside, took her by the hand, and helped her sit up. Then the fever left her, and she prepared a meal for them.
32. That evening after sunset, many sick and demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus.
33. The whole town gathered at the door to watch.
34. So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.
Jesus preaches in Galilee
35. Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.
36. Later Simon and the others went out to find him.
37. When they found him, they said, "Everyone is looking for you."
38. But Jesus replied, "We must go on to other towns as well, and I will preach to them, too. That is why I came."
39. So he traveled through the region of Galilee preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons.
Jesus Heals a Man with Leprosy
40. A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean," he said.
41. Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. "I am willing," he said. "Be healed!"
42. Instantly the leprosy disappeared and the man was healed.
43. Then Jesus sent him on his way with a stern warning:
44. "Don't tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed."
45. But the man went and spread the word, proclaiming to everyone what had happened. As a result, large crowds soon surrounded Jesus, and he couldn't publicly enter a town anywhere. He had to stay out in the secluded places, but people from everywhere kept coming to him.
Mark 1: 29-45 NLT
Meditation in WORSHIP
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.