read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Testimony of John the Baptizer
Today's Passage: John 1:19-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1. In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He existed in the beginning with God.
3. God create everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.
4. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.
5. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
6. God sent a man, John the Baptist,
7. to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony.
8. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light.
9. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
10. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize him.
11. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.
12. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
13. They are reborn⏤not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
14. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.
15. John testified about him when he shouted to the crowds, "This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'Someone is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.'"
16. From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses, but God's unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.
18. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.
The Testimony of John the Baptist
19. This was John's testimony when the Jewish leaders sent priests and Temple assistants from Jerusalem to ask John, "Who are you?"
20. He came right out and said, "I am not the Messiah,"
21. "Well then, who are you?" they asked. "Are you Elijah!"
"No" he replied.
"Are you the Prophet we are expecting?"
22. Then who are you? We need an answer for those who sent us. What do you have to say about yourself?"
23. John replied in the words of the prophet Isaiah:
"I am a voice shouting in the wilderness, 'Clear the way for the LORD'S coming!' "
24. Then the Pharisees who had been sent
25. asked him, "If you aren't the Messiah or Elijah or the Prophet, what right do you have to baptize?"
26. John told them, "I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not recognize.
27. Though his ministry follows mine, I'm not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandal."
28. This encounter took place in Bethany, an area east of the Jordan River, where John was baptizing.
John 1:1-28 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.