read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus' Public Ministry
Today's Passage: John 1:35-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
The First Disciples
35. The following day John was standing with two of his disciples.
36. As Jesus walked by, John looked at him and declared. "Look! There is the Lamb of God"
37. When John's two disciples heard this, they followed Jesus.
38. Jesus looked around and saw them following. "What do you want?" he asked them.
They replied, "Rabbi" (which means "Teacher"), "where are you staying?"
39. "Come and see," he said. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon when they went with him to the place where he was staying, and they remained with him the rest of the day.
40. Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of these men who heard what John said and then followed Jesus.
41. Andrew went to find his brother, Simon, and told him, "We have found the Messiah" (which means "Christ").
42. Then Andrew brought Simon to meet Jesus. Looking intently at Simon, Jesus said, "Your name is Simon, son of John⏤but you will be called Cephas" (which means "Peter").
43. The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, "Come, follow me."
44. Phillip was from Bethsaida, Andrew and Peter's hometown.
45. Philip went to look for Nathanael and told him, "We have found the very person Moses and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth."
45. "Nazareth!" exclaimed Nathanael, "Can anything good come from Nazareth?"
"Come and see for yourself," Philip replied.
47. As they approached, Jesus said, "Now here is a genuine son of Israel ⏤a man of complete integrity."
48. "How do you know about me?" Nathanael asked.
Jesus replied, "I could see you under the fig tree before Philip found you."
49. Then Nathanael exclaimed, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God ⏤the King of Israel!"
50. Jesus asked him, "Do you believe this just because I told you I had seen you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this."
51. Then he said. "I tell you the truth, you will all see heaven open and the angels of God going up and down on the Son of Man, the one who is the stairway between heaven and earth."
John 1: 35-51 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.