read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God is Awesome
Today's Passage: Nahum 1:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. This message concerning Nineveh came as a vision to Nahum, who lived in Elkosh.
The LORD'S Anger against Nineveh
2. The Lord is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and rage. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and continues to rage against his enemies!
3. The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.
4. At his command the oceans dry up, and the rivers disappear. The lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wither.
5. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed.
6. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence.
7. The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.
8. But he will sweep away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He will pursue his foes into the darkness of night.
9. Why are you scheming against the LORD? He will destroy you with one blow; he won't need to strike twice!
10. His enemies, tangled like thorn bushes and staggering like drunks, will be burned up like dry stubble in a field.
11. Who is this wicked counselor of yours who plots evil against the LORD?
12. This is what the LORD says: "Though the Assyrians have many allies, they will be destroyed and disappear. O my people, I have punished you before, But I will not punish you again.
13. Now I will break the yoke of bondage from your neck and tear off the chains of Assyrian oppression."
14. And this is what the LORD says concerning the Assyrians in Nineveh: "You will have no more children to carry on your name. I will destroy all the idols in the temples of your gods. I am preparing a grave for you because you are despicable!"
15. "Look! A messenger is coming over the mountains with good news! He is bringing a message of peace. Celebrate your festivals, O people of Judah, and fulfill all your vows, for your wicked enemies will never invade your land again. They will be completely destroyed.
Nahum 1:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.