read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Principles of Conscience
Today's Passage: Romans 14:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.
2. For instance, one person believes it's all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables.
3. Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don't. And those who don't eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them.
4. Who are you to condemn someone else's servants! They are responsible to the LORD, so let him judge whether they are right or wrong. And with the LORD's help, they will do what is right and will receive his approval.
5. In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.
6. Those who worship the LORD on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the LORD, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the LORD and give thanks to God.
7. For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves.
8. If we live, it's to honor the LORD. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose ⏤ to be LORD both of the living and of the dead.
10. So why do you condemn another believer? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11. For the Scriptures say,
" 'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, ' every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.' "
12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God.
13. So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
14. I know and am convinced on the authority of the LORD Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong.
15. And if another believer is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don't let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died.
16. Then you will not be criticized for doing something you believe is good.
17. For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
18. If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too.
19. So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.
20. Don't tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble.
21. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble.
22. You may believe there's nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don't feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right.
23. But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.
Romans 14:1-23 NLT
And What Do I Do With That?
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.