read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Last Supper
1. Today's Passage: Mark 14:10-26
Get to know your bible.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
10. Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went to the leading priests to arrange to betray Jesus to them.
11. They were delighted when they heard why he had come, and they promised to give him money. So he began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus.
12 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover Lamb is sacrificed, Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go to prepare the Passover meal for you?"
13 So Jesus sent two of them into Jerusalem with these instructions: "As you go into the city, a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him.
14. At the house he enters, say to the owner, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?'
15. He will take you upstairs to a large room that is already set up. That is where you should prepare our meal."
16. So the two disciples went into the city and found everything just as Jesus had said, and they prepared the Passover meal there.
17. In the evening Jesus arrived with the twelve disciples.
18. As they were at the table eating, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, one of you eating with me here will betray me."
19. Greatly distressed, each one asked in turn, "Am I the one?"
20. He replied, "It is one of you twelve who is eating from this bowl with me.
21 For the Son of Man must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!"
22. As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. They he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take it, for this is my body."
23 And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
24 And he said to them, "this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice for many.
25. I tell you the truth, I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new in the Kingdom of God." Mark 14:10-26 NLT
2. Judas sought an opportunity while others prepared a meal.
3. Please simply read and meditate on these very well known verses.
Search them for something you have never noticed.
Is there anything that you have not seen before in the telling of this story?
4. Please leave you name and last initial in the comments below.
Please Lord Help Us See With New Eyes the Night You Were Betrayed.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.