read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Today's Passage: Mark 14:32-42
Are you reading from your own Bible? I hope so :-)
If you would like other translations check out Bible Gateway. Linked here is our passage in the NASB
Or if you prefer, I have typed the NLT below.
32. They went to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and Jesus said, "Sit here while I go and pray."
33. He took Peter, James, and John with him, and he became deeply troubled and distressed.
34. He told them, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
35. He went on a little farther and fell to the ground. He prayed that, if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting him might pass him by.
36. "Abba, Father," he cried out, "everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."
37. Then he returned and found the disciples asleep. He said to Peter, "Simon, are you asleep? Couldn't you watch with me even one hour?
38. Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
39. Then Jesus left them again and prayed the same prayer as before.
40. When he returned to them again, he found them sleeping, for they couldn't keep their eyes open. And they didn't know what to say.
41. When he returned to them the third time, he said, "Go ahead and sleep. Have your rest. But no – the time has come. The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
42. Up, Let's be going. Look, my betrayer is here!" Mark 14:32-42 NLT
2. What emotions do you think are shown from this passage?
Jesus' emotions? Peter, John, James' emotions? The other disciples?
And last, but not least, what are your emotions as you read this passage?
3. I pray that these practices into reading and pondering,
meditating and sharing are encouraging you in your walk with God.
We are being blessed by your comments.
4. Please leave your name and last initial.
If we are of encouragement to you, please jot us an email, or leave us a comment here.
If you can see anything that we might try to improve on.
Let us know.
My deepest desire is to serve God by providing this arena for us all to seek Him.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.