read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Sonship in Christ
Today's Passage: Galatians 4:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Think of it this way. If a father dies and leaves an inheritance for his young children, those children are not much better off than slaves until they grow up, even though they actually own everything their father had.
2. They have to obey their guardians until they reach whatever age their father set.
3. And that's the way it was with us before Christ came. We were like children; we were slaves to the basic spiritual principles of this world.
4. But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of woman, subject to the law.
5. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.
6. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father."
7. Now you are no longer a slave but God's own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.
8. Before you Gentiles knew God, you were slaves to so-called gods that do not even exist.
9. So now that you know God (or should I say, now that God knows you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world?
10. You are trying to earn favor with God by observing certain days or months or seasons or years.
11. I fear for you. Perhaps all my hard work with you was for nothing.
12. Dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to live as I do in freedom from these things, for I have become like you Gentiles ⏤ free from those laws.
You did not mistreat me when I first preached to you.
13. Surely you remember that I was sick when I first brought you the Good News.
14. But even though my condition tempted you to reject me, you did not despise me or turn me away. No, you took me in and cared for me as though I were an angel from God or even Christ Jesus himself.
15. Where is that joyful and grateful spirit you felt then? I am sure you would have taken out your own eyes and given them to me if it had been possible.
16. Have I now become your enemy because I am telling you the truth?
17. Those false teachers are so eager to win your favor, but their intentions are not good. They are trying to shut you off from me so that you will pay attention only to them.
18. If someone is eager to do good things for you, that's all right; but let them do it all the time, not just when I'm with you.
19. Oh my dear children! I feel as if I'm going through labor pains for you again and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in your lives.
20. I wish I were with you right now so I could change my tone. But at this distance I don't know how else to help you.
Galatians 4:1-20 NLT
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.