read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Walk By the Spirit
Today's Passage: Galatians 5:1-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.
2. Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you.
3. I'll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses.
4. For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.
5. But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us.
6. For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.
7. You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth!
8. It certainly isn't God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
9. This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
10. I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.
11. Dear brothers and sisters, if I were still preaching that you must be circumcised ⏤ as some say I do ⏤ why am I still being persecuted? If I were no longer preaching salvation through the cross of Christ, no one would be offended.
12. I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.
13. For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
14. For the whole law can be summed up into this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
15. But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.
Galatians 5:1-15 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.