read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Israel Oppressed by Midian
Today's Passage: Judges 6:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Judges 6:1-18 NLT
The Israelites did evil in the LORD'S sight. So the LORD handed them over to the Midianites for seven years.
2. The Midianites were so cruel that the Israelites made hiding places for themselves in the mountains, caves, and strongholds.
3. Whenever the Israelites planted their crops, marauders from Midian, Amalek, and the people of the east would attack Israel,
4. camping in the land and destroying crops as far away as Gaza. They left the Israelites with nothing to eat, taking all the sheep, goats, cattle, and donkeys.
5. These enemy hordes, coming with their livestock and tents, were as thick as locusts; they arrived on droves of camels too numerous to count. And they stayed until the land was stripped bare.
6. So Israel was reduced to starvation by the Midianites. Then the Israelites cried out to the LORD for help.
7. When they cried out to the LORD because of Midian,
8. the LORD sent a prophet to the Israelites. He said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I brought you up out of slavery in Egypt.
9. I rescued you from the Egyptians and from all who oppressed you. I drove out your enemies and gave you their land.
10. I told you, 'I am the LORD your God. You must not worship the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you now live.' But you have not listened to me."
11. Then the angel of the LORD came and sat beneath the great tree at Ophrah, which belonged to Joash of the clan of Abiezer. Gideon son of Joash was threshing wheat at the bottom of a wine press to hide the grain from the Midianites.
12. The angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, "Mighty hero, the LORD is with you!"
13. "Sir," Gideon replied, "if the LORD Is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about? Didn't they say, 'The LORD brought us up out of Egypt? But now the LORD has abandoned us and handed us over to the Midianites."
14. Then the LORD turned to him and said, "Go with the strength you have, and rescue Israel from the Midianites. I am sending you!"
15. "But Lord," Gideon replied, "how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!"
16. The LORD said to him, "I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man."
17. Gideon replied, "If you are truly going to help me, show me a sign to prove that it is really the LORD speaking to me.
18. Don't go away until I come back and bring my offering to you."
He answered, "I will stay here until you return."
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.