read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Parable of Money Usage
Today's Passage: Luke 19:11-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
11. The crowd was listening to everything Jesus said. And because he was nearing Jerusalem, he told them a story to correct the impression that the kingdom of God would begin right away.
12. He said, "A nobleman was called away to a distant empire to be crowned king and then return.
13. Before he left, he called together ten of his servants and divided among them ten pounds of silver, saying, 'Invest this for me while I am gone.'
14. But his people hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We do not want him to be our king.'
15. "After he was crowned king, he returned and called in the servants to whom he had given the money. He wanted to find out what their profits were.
16. The first servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made ten times the original amount!'
17. " 'Well done!' the king exclaimed. 'You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so you will be governor of ten cities as your reward.'
18. "The next servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made five times the original amount.'
19. " 'Well done!' the king said. 'You will be governor over five cities.'
20. "But the third servant brought back only the original amount of money and said, 'Master, I hid your money and kept it safe.
21. I was afraid because you are a hard man to deal with, taking what isn't yours and harvesting crops you didn't plant.'
22. " 'You wicked servant!' the king roared. 'Your own words condemn you. If you knew that I'm a hard man who takes what isn't mine and harvests crops I didn't plant,
23. why didn't you deposit my money into the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.'
24. "Then, turning to the others standing nearby, the king ordered. 'Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one who has ten pounds.'
25. " 'But, master,' they said , 'he already has ten pounds!'
26. " 'Yes,' the king replied, 'and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.
27. And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king ⏤bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.' "
Luke 19:11-27 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.