read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Today's passage: Mark 14:53-65
I encourage you to read from your own bible - Your bible will become your best friend.
Also, you might want to find the NASB version and more here: Bible Gateway
Or, you may read below for the New Living Testament NLT
53. They took Jesus to the high priest's home where the leading priests, the elders, and the teachers of religious law had gathered.
54. Meanwhile, Peter followed him at a distance and went right into the high priest's courtyard. There he sat with the guards, warming himself by the fire.
55. Inside, the leading priests and the entire high council were trying to find evidence against Jesus, so they could put him to death. But they couldn't find any.
56. Many false witnesses spoke against him, but they contradicted each other.
57. Finally, some men stood up and gave this false testimony:
58. "We heard him say, 'I will destroy this Temple made with human hands, and in three days I will build another, made without human hands.'"
59. But even then they didn't get their stories straight!
60. Then the high priest stood up before the others and asked Jesus, "Well, aren't you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?"
61. But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?"
62. Jesus said, "I AM. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God's right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven."
63. Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, "Why do we need other witnesses?
64 You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?"
"Guilty!" they all cried. "He deserves to die!"
65. Then some of them began to spit at him, and they blindfolded him and beat him with their fists. "Prophesy to us," they jeered. And the guards slapped him as they took him away." Mark 14: 53-65
2. What words jump out to your heart?
Write them down, meditate on those words.
3. Jesus claims to be the I AM.
What does that mean to you?
Have you another reference in the Word that claims this name?
4. Please comment with your name and your last initial.
It would be great if you shared your thoughts below as well.
Go with God This Day!
Problems? Email Biff at email@example.com
Unsubscribe? Feel free at anytime.
Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email and send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org -
You money will be reimbursed as to our initial agreement.
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing is protected by copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.