read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Levites to be Priesthood
Today's Passage: Numbers 3:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. This is the family line of Aaron and Moses as it was recorded when the LORD spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai:
2. The names of Aaron's sons were Nadab (the oldest), Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
3. These sons of Aaron were anointed and ordained to minister as priests.
4. But Nadab and Abihu died in the LORD'S presence in the wilderness of Sinai when they burned before the LORD the wrong kind of fire, different than he had commanded. Since they had no sons, this left only Eleazar and Ithamar to serve as priests with their father, Aaron.
5. Then the LORD said to Moses,
6. "Call forward the tribe of Levi, and present them to Aaron the priest to serve as his assistants.
7. They will serve Aaron and the whole community, performing their sacred duties in and around the Tabernacle.
8. They will also maintain all the furnishings of the sacred tent, serving in the Tabernacle on behalf of all the Israelites.
9. Assign the Levites to Aaron and his sons. They have been given from among all the people of Israel to serve as their assistants.
10. Appoint Aaron and his sons to carry out the duties of the priesthood. But any unauthorized person who goes too near the sanctuary must be put to death."
11. And the LORD said to Moses,
12. "Look, I have chosen the Levites from among the Israelites to serve as substitutes for all the firstborn sons of the people of Israel. The Levites belong to me,
13. for all the firstborn males are mine. On the day I struck down all the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, I set apart for myself all the firstborn in Israel, both of people and of animals. They are mine; I am the LORD."
Numbers 3:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.