read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Duties of the Priests
Today's Passage: Numbers 3:14-39
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
14. The LORD spoke again to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai. He said,
15. "Record the names of the members of the tribe of Levi by their families and clans. List every male who is one month old or older."
16. So Moses listed them, just as the LORD had commanded.
17. Levi had three sons, whose names were Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
18. The clans descended from Gershon were named after two of his descendants, Libni and Shimei.
19. The clans descended from Kohath were named after four of his descendants, Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
20. The clans descended from Merari were named after two of his descendants, Mahli and Mushi.
These were the Levite clans, listed according to their family groups.
21. The descendants of Gershon were composed of the clans descended from Libni and Shimei.
22. There were 7,500 males one month old or older among these Gershonite clans.
23. They were assigned the area to the west of the Tabernacle for their camp.
24. The leader of the Gershonite clans was Eliasaph son of Lael.
25. These two clans were responsible to care for the Tabernacle, including the sacred tent with its layers of coverings, the curtain at its entrance,
26. the curtains of the courtyard that surrounded the Tabernacle and altar, the curtain at the courtyard entrance, the ropes, and all the equipment related to their use.
27. The descendants of Kohath were composed of the clans descended from Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
28. There were 8,600 males one month old or older among these Kohathite clans, They were responsible for the care of the sanctuary,
29 and they were assigned the area south of the Tabernacle for their camp.
30 The leader of the Kohathite clans was Elizaphan son of Uzziel.
31. These four clans were responsible for the care of the Ark. the table, the lampstand, the altars, the various articles used in the sanctuary, the inner curtain, and all the equipment related to their use.
32. Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, was the chief administrator over all the Levites, with special responsibility for the oversight of the sanctuary.
33. The descendants of Merari were composed of the clans descended from Mahli and Mushi.
34. There were 6,200 males on month old or older among these Merarite clans.
35. They were assigned the area north of the Tabernacle for their camp The leader of the Merarite clans was Zuriel son of Abihail.
36. These two clans were responsible for the care of the frames supporting the Tabernacle, the crossbars, the pillars, the bases, and all the equipment related to their use.
37. They were also responsible for the posts of the courtyard and all their bases, pegs, and ropes.
38. The area in front of the Tabernacle, in the east toward the sunrise, was reserved for the tents of Moses and of Aaron and his sons, who had the final responsibility for the sanctuary on behalf of the people of Israel. Anyone other than a priest or Levite who went too near the sanctuary was to be put to death.
39. When Moses and Aaron counted the Levite clans at the LORD'S command, the total number was 22,000 males one month old or older.
Numbers 3:14-39 NLT
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.