read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Israel's Mourning Turned to Joy
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 31:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. "In that day," says the LORD. "I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.
2. This is what the LORD says:
"Those who survive the coming destruction will find blessings even in the barren land, for I will give rest to the people of Israel."
3. Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
"I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.
4. I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines.
5. Again you will plant your vineyards on the mountains of Samaria and eat from your own gardens there.
6. The day will come when watchmen will shout from the hill country of Ephraim, 'Come, let us go up to Jerusalem to worship the LORD our God.'"
7. Now this is what the LORD says:
"Sing with joy for Israel. Shout for the greatest of nations! Shout out with praise and joy; 'Save your people, O LORD, the remnant of Israel!'
8. For I will bring them from the north and from the distant corners of the earth. I will not forget the blind and lame, the expectant mothers and women in labor. A great company will return!
9. Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care. They will walk beside quiet streams and on smooth paths where they will not stumble. For I am Israel's father, and Ephraim is my oldest child.
10. "Listen to this message from the LORD, you nations of the world; proclaim it in distant coastlands:
The LORD, who scattered his people, will gather them and watch over them as a shepherd does his flock.
11. For the LORD has redeemed Israel from those too strong for them.
12. They will come home and sing songs of joy on the heights of Jerusalem. They will be radiant because of the LORD's good gifts ⏤ the abundant crops of grain, new wine, and olive oil, and the healthy flocks and herds. Their life will be like a watered garden, and all their sorrows will be gone.
13. The young women will dance for joy, and the men ⏤old and young⏤will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy.
I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.
14. The priests will enjoy abundance, and my people will feast on my good gifts. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
Jeremiah 31:1-14 NLT
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.