read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Denials - 1,2,3
1. Today's Passage: Mark 14:66-72
Get to know your bible.
Or find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
66. Meanwhile, Peter was in the courtyard below. One of the servant girls who worked for the high priest came by
67. and noticed Peter warming himself at the fire. She looked at him closely and said "You were one of those with Jesus of Nazareth."
68. But Peter denied it. "I don't know what you are talking about," he said, and he went out into the entryway. Just then, a rooster crowed.
69. When the servant girl saw him standing there, she began telling the others, "This man is definitely one of them!"
70. But Peter denied again.
A little later some of the other bystanders confronted Peter and said, "You must be one of them, because you are a Galilean."
71. Peter swore, "A curse on me if I'm lying – I don't know this man you're talking about!"
72. And immediately the rooster crowed the second time.
Suddenly, Jesus' words flashed through Peter's mind: "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me." And he broke down and wept.
2. Again today, I ask you simply to contemplate these verses
3. Please leave your name and last initial in the comments below.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.