read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus and John the Baptist
Today's Passage: Matthew 11:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. When Jesus had finished giving these instructions to his twelve disciples, he went out to teach and preach in towns throughout the region.
2. John the Baptist, who was in prison, heard about all the things the Messiah was doing. So he sent his disciples to ask Jesus,
3. "Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?"
4. Jesus told them, "Go back to John and tell him what you have heard and seen ⏤
5. the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor.
6. And tell him, 'God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.' "
7. As John's disciples were leaving, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. "What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed, swayed by every breath of wind?
8. Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people with expensive clothes live in palaces.
9. Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet.
10. John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say,
'Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way before you.'
11. "I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is!
12. And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven had been forcefully advancing. and violent people are attacking it.
13. For before John came, all the prophets and the law of Moses looked forward to this present time.
14. And if you are willing to accept what I say, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come.
15. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!
16. "To what can I compare this generation? It is like children playing a game in the public square. They complain to their friends,
17. 'We played wedding songs, and you didn't dance, so we played funeral songs, and you didn't mourn.'
18. For John didn't spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, 'He's possessed by a demon.'
19. The Son of Man, on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!' But wisdom is shown to be right by its results."
Matthew 11:1-19 NLT
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.