read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus and the Prince of Darkness
Today's Passage: Matthew 12:22-37
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
22. Then a demon-possessed man, who was blind and couldn't speak, was brought to Jesus. He healed the man so that he could both speak and see.
23. The crowd was amazed and asked, "Could it be that Jesus is the Son of David, the Messiah?"
24. But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, "No wonder he can cast out demons. He gets his power from Satan, the prince of demons."
25. Jesus knew their thoughts and replied, "Any kingdom divided by civil war is doomed. A town or family splintered by feuding will fall apart.
26. And if Satan is casting out Satan, he is divided and fighting against himself. His own kingdom will not survive.
27. And if I am empowered by Satan, what about your own exorcists? They cast out demons, too, so they will condemn you for what you have said.
28. But if I am casting out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you.
29. For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man like Satan and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger ⏤ someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house.
30. "Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me.
31. "So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven ⏤ except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven.
32. Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.
33. "A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad.
34. You brood of snakes! How could evil men like you speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.
35. A good person produces good things from the treasure of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasure of an evil heart.
36. And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.
37. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you."
Matthew 12:22-37 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.