read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Gracious Dealings
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 8:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that
speak to you today.
1. "Be careful to obey all the commands I am giving you today. Then you will live and multiply, and you will enter and occupy the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors.
2. Remember how the LORD your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character, and to find out whether or not you would obey his commands.
3. Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
4. For all these forty years your clothes didn't wear out, and your feet didn't blister or swell.
5. Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the LORD your God disciplines you for your own good.
6. So obey the commands of the LORD your God by walking in his ways and fearing him.
7. For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land of flowing streams and pools of water, with fountains and springs that gush out in the valleys and hills.
8. It is a land of wheat and barley; of grapevines, fig trees, and pomegranates; of olive oil and honey.
9. It is a land where food is plentiful and nothing is lacking. It is a land where iron is as common as stone, and copper is abundant in the hills.
10. When you have eaten your fill, be sure to praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.
11. "But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the LORD your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.
12. For when you have become full and prosperous and have built fine homes to live in,
13. and when your flocks and herds have become very large and your silver and gold have multiplied along with everything else, be careful!
14. Do not forget that he led you through the great and terrifying wilderness with its poisonous snakes and scorpions, where it was so hot and dry. He gave you water from the rock!
16. He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good.
17. He did all this so you would never say to yourself, 'I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.'
18. Remember the LORD your God, He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.
19. "But I assure you of this: If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods, worshiping and bowing down to them, you will certainly be destroyed.
20. Just as the LORD has destroyed other nations in your path, you also will be destroyed if you refuse to obey the LORD your God.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.