read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Healing on the Sabbath
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 4:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
1. King Solomon now ruled over all Israel,
2. and these were his high officials:
3. Elihoreph and Ahijah, the sons of Shisha, were court secretaries. Jehoshaphat son of Ahilud was the royal historian.
4. Benaiah son of Jehoiada was commander of the army. Zadok and Abiathar were priests.
5. Azariah son of Nathan was in charge of the district governors. Zabud son of Nathan, a priest, was a trusted adviser to the king.
6. Ahishar was manager of the palace property. Adoniram son of Abda was in charge of the labor force.
7. Solomon also had twelve district governors who were over all Israel. They were responsible for providing food for the king's household. Each of them arranged provisions for one month of the year.
8. These are the names of the twelve governors:
Ben-hur, in the hill country of Ephraim.
9. Ben-deker, in Makaz,, Shaalbim, Beth-shemesh, and Elon-bethhanan.
10. Ben-hesed, in Arubboth, including Socoh and all the land of Hepher.
11. Ben-abinadab, in all of Naphoth-dor. (He was married to Taphath, one of Solomon's daughters.)
12. Baana son of Ahilud, in Taanach and Megiddo, all of Beth-shan near Zarethan below Jezreel, and all the territory from Beth-shan to Abel-meholah and over to Jokmeam.
13. Ben-geber, in Ramoth -gilead, including the Towns of Jair 9named for Jair of the tribe of Manasseh) in Gilead, and in the Argob region of BAshan, including sixty large fortified towns with bronze bars on their gates.
14. Ahinadab son of Iddo, in Mahanaim.
15. Ahimaaz, in Naphtali (He was married to Basemath, another of Solomon's daughters.)
16. Baana son of Hushai, in Asher and in Aloth.
17. Jehoshaphat son of Paruah, in Issachar.
18. Shimei son of Ela, in Benjamin.
19. Geber son of Uri, in the land of Gilead, including the territories of King Sihon of the Amorites and King Og of Bashan.
There was also one governor over the land of Judah.
1 Kings 4:1-19 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.