read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 4:20-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
20. The people of Judah and Israel were as numerous as the sand on the seashore. They were very contented, with plenty to eat and drink.
21. Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the Euphrates River in the north to the land of the Philistines and the border of Egypt in the south. The conquered peoples of those lands sent tribute money to Solomon and continued to serve him throughout his lifetime.
22. The daily food requirements for Solomon's palace were 150 bushels of choice flour and 300 bushels of meal;
23. also 10 oxen from the fattening pens, 20 pasture-fed cattle, 100 sheep or goats, as well as deer, gazelles, roe deer, and choice poultry.
24. Solomon's dominion extended over all the kingdoms west of the Euphrates River, from Tiphsah to Gaza. And there was peace on all his borders.
25. During the lifetime of Solomon, all of Judah and Israel lived in peace and safety. And from Dan in the north to Beersheba in the south, each family had its own home and garden.
26. The district governors faithfully provided food for King Solomon and his court; each made sure nothing was lacking during the month assigned to him.
28. They also brought the necessary barley and straw for the royal horses in the stables.
29. God gave Solomon very great wisdom and understanding, and knowledge as vast as the sands of the seashore.
30. In fact, his wisdom exceeded that of all the wise men of the East and the wise men of Egypt.
31. He was wiser than anyone else, including Ethan the Ezrahite and the sons of Mahol ⏤ Heman, Calcol, and Darda. His fame spread throughout all the surrounding nations.
32. He composed some 3,000 proverbs and wrote 1,005 songs.
33. He could speak with authority about all kinds of plants, from the great cedar of Lebanon to the tiny hyssop that grows from cracks in a wall. He could also speak about animals, birds, small creatures, and fish.
34. And kings from every nation sent their ambassadors to listen to the wisdom of Solomon.
1 Kings 4:20-34 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.