read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
(we find this in all three of the Gospels
which causes us to understand
how important this
Today's Passage: Mark 3:1-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand.
2. Since it was the Sabbath, Jesus' enemies watched him closely. If he healed the man's hand, they planned to accuse him of working on the Sabbath.
3. Jesus said to the man with the deformed hand, "Come and stand in front of everyone."
4. Then he turned to his critics and asked, "Does the law permit good deeds on the Sabbath, or is it a day for doing evil? Is this a day to save life or to destroy it?" But they wouldn't answer him.
5. He looked around at them angrily and was deeply saddened by their hard hearts. Then he said to the man, "Hold out your hand." So the man held out his hand, and it was restored!
6. At once the Pharisees went away and met with the supporters of Herod to plot how to kill Jesus.
7. Jesus went out to the lake with his disciples, and a large crowd followed him. They came from all over Galilee, Judea,
8. Jerusalem, Idumea, from east of the Jordan River, and even from as far north as Tyre and Sidon. The news about his miracles had spread far and wide, and vast numbers of people came to see him.
9. Jesus instructed his disciples to have a boat ready so the crowd would not crush him.
10. He had healed many people that day, so all the sick people eagerly pushed forward to touch him.
11. And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, the spirits would throw them to the ground in front of him shrieking.
"You are the Son of God!"
12. But Jesus sternly commanded the spirits not to reveal who he was.
Mark 3:1-12 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.