read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
An Experience of the Captivity
Today's Passage: Psalm 137
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Cause and Effect
1. Beside the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept as we thought of Jerusalem.
2. We put away our harps, hanging them on the branches of poplar trees.
3. For our captors demanded a song from us. Our tormentors insisted on a joyful hymn: "Sing us one of those songs of Jerusalem!"
4. But how can we sing the songs for the LORD while in a pagan land?
5. If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget how to play the harp.
6. May my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I fail to remember you, if I don't make Jerusalem my greatest joy.
7. O LORD, remember what the Edomites did on the day the armies of Babylon captured Jerusalem. "Destroy it!" they yelled. "Level it to the ground!"
8. O Babylon, you will be destroyed, happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.
9. Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!
Psalm 137:1-9 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.