read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Walk to Emmaus
Today's Passage: Luke 24:13-32
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions About the Passage and How the Passage Changes Me.
13. That same day two of Jesus' followers were walking to the village of Emmaus, seven miles from Jerusalem.
14. As they walked along they were talking about everything that had happened.
15. As they talked and discussed these things, Jesus himself suddenly came and began walking with them.
16. But God kept them from recognizing him.
17. He asked them, "What are you discussing so intently as you walk along?"
They stopped short, sadness written across their faces.
18. Then one of them, Cleopas, replied, "You must be the only person in Jerusalem who has not heard about all the things that have happened there the last few days."
19. "What things?" Jesus asked.
"The things that happened to Jesus, the man from a Nazareth," they said. "He was a prophet who did powerful miracles, and he was a mighty teacher in the eyes of God and all the people.
20. But our leading priests and other religious leaders handed him over to be condemned to death, and they crucified him.
21. We had hoped he was the Messiah who had come to rescue Israel. This all happened three days ago.
22. "Then some women from our group of his followers were at his tomb early this morning, and they came back with an amazing report.
23. They said his body was missing, and they had seen angels who told them Jesus is alive!
24. Some of our men ran out to see, and sure enough, his body was gone, just as the women had said."
25. Then Jesus said to them, "You foolish people! You find it so hard to believe all that the prophets wrote in the Scriptures.
26. Wasn't it clearly predicted that the Messiah would have to suffer all these things before entering his glory?"
27. Then Jesus took them through the writing of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
28. By this time they were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on,
29. but they begged him, "Stay the night with us, since it is getting late."
So he went home with them.
30. As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he broke it and gave it to them.
31. Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared!
32. They said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?"
33. And within the hour they were on their way back to Jerusalem. There they found the eleven disciples and the other who had gathered with them,
34. who said, "the Lord has really risen! He appeared to Peter."
Luke 24:13-32 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.