read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Consecration of the Firstborn
Today's Passage: Exodus 13:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
1. Then the LORD said to Moses, among the Israelites The first offspring to be born, of both humans and animals, belongs to me."
3. So Moses said to the people, "This is a day to remember forever⏤the day you left Egypt, the place of your slavery. Today the LORD has brought you out by the power of his might hand. (Remember, eat no food containing yeast.)
4. On this day in early spring, in the month of Abib, you have been set free.
5. You must celebrate this event in this month each year after the LORD brings you into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites Hivites, and Jebusites. (He swore to your ancestors that he would give you this land ⏤a land flowing with milk and honey."
6. For seven days the bread you eat must be made without yeast. Then on the seventh day, celebrate a feast to the LORD.
7. Eat bread without yeast during those seven days. In fact, there must be no yeast bread or any yeast at all found within the borders of your land during this time.
8. "On the seventh day you must explain to your children, 'I am celebrating what the LORD did for me when I left Egypt.'
9. This annual festival will be a visible sign to you, like a mark branded on your hand or your forehead. Let it remind you always to recite this teaching of the LORD: 'With a strong hand, the LORD rescued you from Egypt.'
10. So observe the decree of this festival at the appointed time each year.
11. "This is what you must do when the LORD fulfills the promise he swore to you and to your ancestors. When he gives you the land where the Canaanites now live,
12. you must present all firstborn sons and firstborn male animals to the LORD, for they belong to him.
13. A firstborn donkey may be bought back from the LORD by presenting a lamb or young goat in its place. But if you do not buy it back, you must break its neck. However, you must buy back every firstborn son.
14. "And in the future, your children will ask you, 'What does all this mean?' Then you will tell them, 'With the power of his mighty hand, the LORD brought us out of Egypt, the place of our slavery.
15. Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, so the LORD killed all the firstborn males throughout the land of Egypt, both people and animals. That is why I now sacrifice all the firstborn males to the LORD ⏤except that the firstborn sons are always bought back.'
16. This ceremony will be like a mark branded on your hand or your forehead. It is a reminder that the power of the LORD'S mighty hand brought us out of Egypt."
Exodus 13:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.