read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Genesis 1:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Familiar phrase, verse, saying ⏤ context please.
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
3. Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
4. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.
5. God called the light "day" and the darkness "night."
And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day.
6. Then God said, "Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth."
7. And that is what happened. God made this space to separate the waters of the earth from the waters of the heavens.
8. God called the space "sky."
And evening passed and morning came, marking the second day.
9. Then God said, "Let the waters beneath the sky flow together into one place, so dry ground may appear." And that is what happened.
10. God called the dry ground "land" and the waters "seas." And God saw that it was good.
11. Then God said, "Let the land sprout with vegetation ⏤ every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came." And that is what happened.
12. The land produced vegetation ⏤ all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.
13. And evening passed and morning came, marking the third day.
Genesis 1:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.