read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Parable of the Evil Farmers
Today's Passage: Luke 20:9-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
9. Now Jesus turned to the people again and told them this story: "A man planted a vineyard, leased it to tenant farmers, and moved to another country to live for several years.
10. At the time of the grape harvest, he sent one of his servants to collect his share of the crop. But the farmers attacked the servant, beat him up, and sent him back empty-handed.
11. So the owner sent another servant, but they also insulted him, beat him up, and sent him away empty-handed.
12. A third man was sent, and they wounded him and chased him away.
13. " 'What will I do?' the owner asked himself. 'I know! I'll send my cherished son. Surely they will respect him.'
14. "But when the tenant farmers saw his son, they said to each other, 'Here comes the heir to this estate. Let's kill him and get the estate for ourselves!'
15. So they dragged him out of the vineyard and murdered him.
"What do you suppose the owner of the vineyard will do to them?" Jesus asked.
16. "I'll tell you ⏤ he will come and kill those farmers and lease the vineyard to others."
"How terrible that such a thing should ever happen," his listeners protested.
17. Jesus looked at them and said, "Then what does this Scripture mean?
' The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.'
18. Everyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on."
19. The teachers of religious law and the leading priests wanted to arrest Jesus immediately because they realized he was telling the story against them ⏤ they were the wicked farmers. But they were afraid of the people's reaction.
Luke 20:9-19 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.