read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Is There a Resurrection
Today's Passage: Luke 20:27-40
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
27. Then Jesus was approached by some Sadducees ⏤ religious leaders who say there is no resurrection from the dead.
28. They posed this question: "Teacher, Moses gave us a law that if a man dies, leaving a wife but not children, his brother should marry the widow and have a child who will carry on the brother's name.
29. Well, suppose there were seven brothers. The oldest one married and then died without children.
3. So the second brother married the widow, but he also died. This continued with all seven of them, who died without children.
32. Finally, the woman also died.
33. So tell us, whose wife will she be in the resurrection? For all seven were married to her!"
34. Jesus replied, "Marriage is for people here on earth.
35. But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage.
36. And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection.
37. "But now, as to whether the dead will be raised ⏤ even Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, he referred to the Lord as 'the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'
38. So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him."
39. "Well said, Teacher!" remarked some of the teachers of religious law who were standing there.
40. And then no one dared to ask him any more questions.
Luke 20:27-40 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.