read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Peter and John Arrested
Today's Passage: Acts 4:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Are Miracles Involved?
1. While Peter and John were speaking to the people, they were confronted by the priests, the captain of the Temple guard, and some of the Sadducees.
2. These leaders were very disturbed that Peter and John were teaching the people that through Jesus there is a resurrection of the dead.
3. They arrested them and, since it was already evening, put them in jail until morning.
4. But many of the people who heard their message believed it, so the number of believers now totaled about 5,000 men, not counting women and children.
5. The next day the council of all the rulers and elders and teachers of religious law met in Jerusalem.
6. Annas the high priest was there, along with Caiaphas, John, Alexander, and other relatives of the high priest.
7. They brought in the two disciples and demanded, "By what power, or in whose name, have you done this?"
8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit said to them, "Rulers and elders of our people,
9. are we being questioned today because we've done a good deed for a crippled man? Do you want to know how he was healed?
10. Let me clearly state to all of you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed by the powerful name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the man you crucified but whom God raised from the dead.
11. For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says,
'The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.'
12. There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved."
13. The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.
14. But since they could see the man who had been healed standing right there among them, there was nothing the council could say.
15. So they ordered Peter and John out of the council chamber and conferred among themselves.
16. "What should we do with these men?" they asked each other. "We can't deny that they have performed a miraculous sign, and everybody in Jerusalem knows about it.
17. But to keep them from spreading their propaganda any further, we must warn them not to speak to anyone in Jesus' name again."
18. So they called the apostles back in and commanded them never again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus.
19. But Peter and John replied, "Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him?
20. We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard."
21. The council then threatened them further, but they finally let them go because they didn't know how to punish them without starting a riot. For everyone was praising God
22. for this miraculous sign ⏤ the healing of a man who had been lame for more than forty years.
Acts 4:1-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.